Didn't do much over the weekend, because it was just dreary in every way possible. I concentrated on having a "Girl's Weekend" with my daughter, so we just pretty much became homebodies for the weekend.
Today I’m inspired to show another side of myself, which is the “writer/poet” side of my creativity. Here is a piece that came to me, as I was beginning to write this post.
“15 Minutes of ME”
by Monique Fortson
Gloomy, with an overcast of dreariness and depressed feelings fill the mist that falls on my face.
An emotional sleepiness fills my subconscious and makes my mind wander
I feel as though I’m leaking through my shoes, me that embodies my soul
I succumb to the process and then I’m gone, but will see the bright of day once I found myself again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Writing has always been a passion of mine, which is why I have an English degree. I’ve shared my creative space with some wonderful people of the years, and one of those people is my “brother from anotha’ motha’”, D. Scot Miller (that's him in the pic above). He is engaging in every aspect of the written word. Someone that shares my passion for the art form, but he has taken it to another level. Here is one of his pieces that I LOVE!
MAGNA-VOX
Align with the single star
boxed in the mighty voice
jackpot spills in orbs and cubes
into black cashmere sacks with glowing
blue brims
we remove the mirrored funnel,
open the beaten and stamped package
wrapped in copper.
smear cobalt across our palms.
snippets of paper crinkles
feet shuffling sand, on wood,
on granite,
a guttural wail
of shuddering light rails with
teeth mashing.
What worlds exist through
the pinhole?
Did you ever place your pupil
flat the screen?
That dot of light,
on the television,
right after you
turn it
off.
It’s just your memory now.
I came across this article on Radar Productions site about my friend, which is a Q & A and will give you a great look into who my friend is as a “creative”. Click Here for the article >>
You can also check him out at these other webs spaces and places as well...
Be Blessed!
-Monique

Emily, thank you for stumbling upon my blog and LOVING IT! I so appreciate the compliments as well. Follow you I shall, my dear.... Keep in touch, I love to hear from the "people" :)
ReplyDelete