Friday, October 26, 2012

Freedom Friday!

Numero Uno!

Frank Ocean’s music is different in every way and his album, “Channel Orange” is brilliant.  Now that being said, he has a song out right now, “Thinking Bout Forever”.  This is a song that he initially wrote for Bridget Kelly’s EP “Every Girl”.  Now although I love Mr. Ocean and he wrote the song and has every right to record his own song, I just can’t get down with his version at all.  Seriously, this song is meant for a female voice and you will feel the same when you compare the two.  Let me know what you think, by listening to each version. 

Frank Ocean's version >> 
Bridget Kelly's version >>


Numero Dos!

     picture via Dot In The City

I was over at one of my October Sponsors blogs checking things out, which was Ms. Beth at “Dot In The City” and came across a recipe for Roasted Butternut Squash Soup!  Ummmm  Ummmm, is what I began saying in my head and the visual was fantastic.  So click here for the recipe and check her blog out while there! >>


Numero Tres!

I know I can’t be the only person freaking out that November 16th is fast approaching, and you’ve got to know what that means!  YES! The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part Two’s last installment and I’m excited and sick at the same time.  I’m sure you know why I’m excited, but sick because this is it!  The last of the last when it comes to these movies and I don’t want them to end in no way do I want them to.  Never has another movie saga enthralled me, like Alien and the Lord of the Rings.  It will be sad to let it go and move on, but move on we must TWIHARDS!


Numero Cuatro!

As I trove over to Polyvore as I sometimes do, I came upon this designer spotlight on a gentlemen named, “Rick Owens”.  He’s a California native and his pieces have edge and versatility all rolled up into one.  You can dress them up or down in my opinion, but someone may say otherwise.  Below are a few of his pieces and you tell me what you think?


Dramatic Draping

Promoted by Rick Owens

Rick Owens top


Rick Owens cardigan


Rick Owens dress


Rick Owens coat


Rick Owens bag

Rick Owens bag (see more leather bags)




Be Blessed!
-Monique

No comments :

Post a Comment