Well hello all and WELCOME TO OCTOBER 1ST! This is the time when you have the most comfortable weather, because it’s not too hot nor to cold. You have the changing of the foliage, and it almost feels like a renewing of all things within this physical world. You can just smell those fall leaves in bundles, just calling you to jump in. Yes, Fall does have its own fragrance doesn’t it?
Poet Maya Angelou speaks Friday at the Clay Center, Charleston WV (photo by Sarabeth McDowell)
Well I was blessed to hear a legend speak on Friday evening, along with my Mother which happened to be poet Maya Angelou. Who came to Charleston, West Virginia in celebration of the 100 year anniversary of the YWCA and boy was she just as mesmerizing as you think she’ll be. WOW, is all I could muster in my mind as my ears where in the presence of greatness. My attention of captive to her every word and gesture, and I’ve been blessed to meet some of my treasured poets/writers in my life’s journey. SHE (next to Nikki Giovanni) is the ultimate! Click here to read the story on her visit >>
Saturday was my day of play! Which usually means I’m doing something with my daughter or WE are running around with my Mother, which is exactly what we did that day and I loved it? When it’s sunny outside and beautiful weather, I sure don’t want to spend the majority of my day in the house. Unless I had a screened in porch of course, and could relax with a stack of mags or a book, enjoy the breeze and just chill. But my desk isn’t screened in, so oh well. We went from one place to another, exploring throughout the day. It was fun!
Sunday was the crescendo in which we spent time at the local Farmer’s Market in order to pick up various Mums and pumpkins for my Mother. She found a great price at one of the local farmer’s booths and my family inherited a beautiful yellow Mum. My daughter has three tiny pumpkin family members, and I took a cute picture with her and her friends.
So all-in-all my weekend was relaxing, busy and nature filled all at the same time!
How did you spend yours?
Be Blessed!
-Monique


No comments :
Post a Comment