Monday, April 29, 2013

Weekend Roundup

What was the last book you read that really caused you to grow in your Faith?

The last book that I read that helped grow my faith, was a book about a couple of sisters that individually went through their own life crisis which split them up.  As time went on and their storied unfolded, their faith changed for the better and how they saw family.  The sisters then repaired their relationships and what was broken within their families, and came together with God at the wheel. 

This book, which I still can’t remember the name of it, was so touched to me that I talked about it to others and allowed them to borrow it to read.  Which I don’t always do, because I usually don’t get the book back but each time it came back to me and the reader thoroughly enjoyed it and the message. 

Family is important to me and I took this to my soul in regards to what life can throw at you and cause you to not see the bigger picture.  That sometimes things can and will cause events within a family, but you must realize that nothing is more important than family because at the end of the day, that is whom you have to depend on in your hour of need.



I sat and watched the season finale of Rachel Zoe and It’s a Brad, Brad World over the weekend, and was wondering how Rachel feels about Brad’s rise to stylist stardom.  He for sure has used his connections that he made while working for Rachel to his advantage.  He’s also branched out at a time when Rachel is focusing more on her line of clothing, although she puts on her stylist hat from time to time.  This is his time as far as being a stylist is concerned. 

They are two totally different stylists with different views of how to style fashion, but I love them both.  Rachel is more on the bohemian side, with wispy tops, bell bottomed pants, stacked shoes, minimal but eye-catching accessories.  Brad is all about pops of vibrant color, sex appeal, setting a trend by putting the most unlikely pieces together. 

Love fashion, and love the two of them as stylists and they seem like they would be awesome to know as friends! 
 

2 comments :

  1. I found your blog on The Collective and just started following on GFC. If you remember the name of the book you should totally post it!

    Ashley @ http://downsizingashley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ashley, and yes I will post it... It is about an African-American family by the way, and I LOVED IT! I'll do that tonight, so you can possibly look for it.

    I'll follow you as well! Thanks for that, by the way!

    ReplyDelete