Thursday, April 18, 2013

For The Love Of Letterpress


Boxcar Press Staff 

Boxcar Press is a company that I found through another letterpress’s Twitter page, and fell in love with their blog which highlights other presses and takes studio tours as well to show you their creative space. 

I have been very curious about letterpress and what all it entails to begin a journey of doing this form of creativity, and Boxcar Press posted a “Taking The Plunge Into Letterpress” and I was over the moon.  It went in depth with several letterpress printers and asked the important questions in regards to this craft. 

The letterpress companies/printers featured are;
 
Click here to read the blog post >>

__________________________________________________________________________________

Letterpress Studio Tour / Cartoules Press


Cartoules Press is the inspiration of Julie Bazigos Karatzis, and it is a small design and letterpress studio located in Belmont Shore, California.  Cartoules is Greek for “Little Cards” and what she produces is more than “little”.  Check her story and tour her studio by clicking here >>

 

2 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Lala H, they are and I love letterpress and am thinking about branching out into that. I do my cards by literally by hand, but I would love to incorporate this art into my cards as well.

      Thanks for the comment and please come back!

      Delete