Thursday, March 7, 2013

My Hairstory: #1

My Hairstory is my own journey in which I went from straightening my hair by perming it, to deciding one day that I was going to go cold-turkey and never do it again.  That was a conscious choice for me and something that I wanted to do for some time, and one day I just did it.  I stopped buying and perming my hair for over a year, and let my hair grow so my natural hair would have a rest.  Once I grew it out for a year, I then was at a point where I felt I had no options on what to do with it.  Therefore, it was time to cut off the permed part of my hair.  I was so nervous in regards to what natural state my hair was in, since I hadn’t seen that in YEARS!  I’m the eclectic one of the siblings, which is just me and my younger sister.  Listen, I had an afro when I was in elementary school.  Yeah, it was my choice and I rocked the HELL out of it! 

Saying all this to say, I cut it and I had natural curly hair.  So I’m a person that loves change and at this point in my Hairstory, I’m now rocking dreadklocks which was something I’ve wanted to do since college.  SO HERE I AM WORLD and below you will see a collage in regards to my HairEvolution! 

No comments :

Post a Comment