Thursday, May 23, 2013

YouTube Kind've Day....

YouTube is a wonderful place to play on occasion, because you can find great videos on just about anything.  When I decided to go natural this site was a haven for me, in the fact that I was able to find a whole lot of women within the natural community.  If I want to know about a particular subject/person, you can find “something” on YouTube.  Therefore, I’m going to give you a taste of some of the videos/channels on YouTube that you should check out. 

#1
Grand Master Citizens: The Brooklyn Circus
Gabe Garcia & Ouigi Theodore

These are the founders of Brooklyn based store, The Brooklyn Circus and have brought back the "dandy" to urban culture.  Ouigi Theodore, is the mouthpiece of the brand and it gives you and insight on their vision and future.  I found out about them through blog/site, Street Etiquette and have been a fan! 

#2
Depeche Mode: The Making of Delta Machine

I love this classic band and always will and they take you on a musical journey behind the scenes on making this electronica/bluesy masterpiece. 


#3
Bilal: Welcome To A Love Surreal (Part 1 & 2)
   
Part One 
                                                 
                                           
Part Two

I can't say enough about BILAL!  He is a musical genius on so many levels, and his new album takes you on a emotional ride like no other.  He lets you in on how this album came to be, as well as the elements that made it all come together.

#4
Occupy Wall Street Doc

 Historic event and a behind the scenes look at how it all went down.  Enough said!

#5
Javier Ninja: What Is Vogue? (Part 1 & 2)
   
Part One

                                            
Part Two

Javier Ninja is a Master Voguer and can put on a hand permance like no other.  Can you tell I am a fan?  Well this takes you on a dance journey into a little history and a little performance.

#6
Authors@Google: Alicia Silverstone

This women is phenomanal and put me in another space all together when I watched this.  She elaborates on her book, the research behind and intertwines her life within it.  This video will change how you see and think about things. 

#7
Dance Fusion NYC

 This is a house dance performance at it's BEST and when you watch it you'll see why. 

#8
Danielle Polanco Master Class Vogue Femme

Danielle Polanco aka Danielle Ninja, and yes she is of the House of Ninja as is Javier.  I have been a fan of her's since I saw her in the Omarion video, Touch.  Her ability to move her body and contour it in any shape is amazing.  I've been on the Danielle Polanco train ever since, and she has elevated her game from her beginnings in the "ballroom scene" to being Beyonce's principal choreagrapher/teacher.  GET IT, DANIELLE!

#9
NY Reppin’ feat. Bones Hill, Dollaz, Sam Iam

OH MY GOD!  This performace by these three dancers is just DOPE!  Street dancing is at another level today and this shows you how elevated it has gotten. 

#10
Chrisette Michele Journey To Better (Part 1 & 2)
Part One

                                                                          Part Two

Takes you on a journey behind the lady that is, Chrisette Michele and you get to see and hear how she has transformed from her beginning to now, and how this album is far more different that pasts.  LOVE HER!


2 comments :

  1. I'm a huge Youtube fan. I've got it now to a point that I watch more Youtube than I do normal television. There's so much good stuff on there if you go looking for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you are saying Kellie... I find myself doing that as well and now I've gotten into webseries that are on there.... I LOVE IT!

      Delete