Friday, May 24, 2013

Freedom Friday

Well yesterday although I stated that I would share YouTube channels, I stuck with more videos so today will be the channel day!  YEAH! 

I’m going to just give you my TOP FIVE today, and give you some variety with my selections.  I’ll give you another five on Monday during Monday Roundup! 

So here are my top YouTube channels that you shouldn’t miss….


Not sure how the name came about, but Qaadir is the person behind the channel and he is multitalented in many ways.  One of which is his hilarious humor, that has gotten me laughing so hard I’m crying.  Oh my God, you’ve got to see the video in which he is talking about the roaches.  I’ve shown that to people and they laugh until they cry to (click on picture below to view).  He is down to earth and seems like someone in your family.  Check him out….

Timaya: The Roaches Have Arrived!




She is the creator of “Awkward Black Girl” webseries, which is what has brought me to her channel by way of a blogger listing I saw.  I read about it and decided to give it a try and I’m so glad I did!  This series is addictive and she is has just completed her second season, as well as being picked up by Pharrell Williams new YouTube channel, iAmOther (which is also on the list…).  Click the picture below to view Season 1, Ep. 1 of the series.   

Season 1, Episode 1




Now I came across Dari searching for people in the “natural hair” community on YouTube.  She had dreadlocks at the time, but had to cut them out because she joined the Air Force.  She was still interesting enough for me to stick around, and she is funny, talented and just a nice person.  You will feel the same, so click the picture below to view her most recent video.

Draw My Life: Apples and Mustard




Their channel brings you an array of talented individuals that speak on various topics or perform, and I find myself checking their site to see if there is anyone I’ve missed because they have great people coming the their headquarters.  Makes me wish I worked there!  Check out one of my faves by clicking the picture below.

Musicians@Google series: Jose Gonzalez




If you know music like I know music, then you’ve heard about this man.  He is musically talented and brought us, Cassie.  Now you might not think that means anything, because it’s Cassie but if you’ve listened to her mixtape release then you know she’s elevated her game.  Anyway, back to Ryan Leslie.  To actually watch this man sit down and construct a track is AMAZING!  You should see it for yourself, so click the picture below.

Ryan Leslie & Bridget Kelly: "Sound Of A Heartbreak" In-Studio

 

No comments :

Post a Comment