Thursday, May 2, 2013

Instagram Challenge Part 2 and other things...



April Showers Bring May Flowers, is how the saying goes!   So, I’ve come up with another Instagram 30 day Challenge (I know, I’m behind a day but that’s ok I’ll just take two pics to make up for it).  Hence the slogan above, which will highlight flowers or nature in some form for the next 30 days and will be, identified with the hashtag #aprilshowers.  I will also be highlighting my dreadlocks as well once a month to soon celebrate their first year anniversary in October! 

So come and join me on my Instagram journey by follow me @creativegirlworld. 

See you there! 



ODE: COURTNEY LOVE 

What can I say but the minute my ears heard “Doll Parts”, it was something in her voice.  Eerie, the drag in her voice as she sings, the pain in her screams it captivated me in a way that I can’t explain.  She had me, Hole had me.  I became a fan from that day forth.

As time went on and the band grew weary of a lot of things, as well as personnel changes and death but within that cocoon they made a master piece with “Celebrity Skin”.  It was slightly commercial yes, but it had a cohesiveness that was unmistakable which is why it received so many Grammy nods that year.  It was amazing and you could listen to it from beginning to end, which is rare in the musical world nowadays.  Then it was quiet!

Life got in the way and the issues became too much to bear, so they went their separate ways.  Courtney dealt with her demons in the public eye, one minute up and the next down.  Losing a spouse publically was hard enough, but then you had a daughter that needed you but you weren’t in a mindset to take handle.  She then did a solo debut when things were on an even keel, and I LOVED IT!  Of course, I had been awaiting something from her patiently and I wasn’t disappointed.  Although a lot of others were. 

Then talk began of another Hole album and the excitement was building again.  Then it became apparent that some members weren’t ready to get back on the horse again.  That was disappointing to a lot, but the show must go on.  It did and I thought the show was wonderful! 

All in all, Courtney has had her ups and downs and now she is emerging again.  Her daughter Frances Bean is all grown up and taking control of her life, so Courtney is time for some MUSIC to be made.  Whether it’s a Hole album or solo, let’s get crackin’ girl!

The fans need you!


2 comments :

  1. Hey there! Here from the Blog Hop and I just liked your Facebook page :o) Hope you'll get a chance to visit my page; you can find me here:

    Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cropped-Stories/615495055132216

    ReplyDelete