Well this weekend was the 150th birthday of West Virginia and I’ve got to say, that I was actually proud of being a West Virginian for once. I know what you are probably thinking, like how can she not be. Well it’s different when you are brought up here, and you want to get out so bad. Then you do and you see how different and wonderful it is in other places, but as you get older you appreciate from which you came. That’s where I am at this point in my life’s journey, since being back here for about five years after living outside of Philly for over ten. Do I miss the NorthEast, yes I do because of the close proximity I was to awesome shopping, cultural events, a lot of family and NYC (which I had plans to move to and was looking for an apartment, and then 9/11 happened and I changed my mind), but West Virginia is special in so many ways that I’ve grown proud to be a West Virginian.
Below are some of the pics I took while attending the 3D celebratory film on West Virginia at the Capitol, as well as the 20 minute firework display! It was AWESOME to have been alive to witness and to be with my daughter as well.


No comments :
Post a Comment