Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Ink & Piercings

Ink and piercings have been so a part of my aura and soul, and yes I was recently told about a passage in the bible in regards to that by one of my best friends and he happens to be a Muslim.  Well God please forgive me for marking and piercing my body, but I love it! 

I began late in life with it, but I respected my parents enough to not do it while cohabiting with them.  So once I moved out at the age of twenty-six it began. Piercing came first (although I have three more before I'm satisfied) and my ink quest is forthcoming.  I’ll photograph my pieces as I go, and my first one is a large one which is pictured below minus the shark at the top.  I don’t like that aspect of it.  It will be done by Drew O’Neill the owner of Artistic Creations, who is the dad of my daughters classmate/friend @ St. Francis Catholic.  He does AWESOME work and can’t wait for him to begin.  

I've got several tattoos that I want and each means something special to me and are specific, which is how I treated the piercings and it cut out the obsesseive tendancy that these forms of art can create.    

Amanda Wachob: Artist

Amanda Wachob seated in the middle

I had been searching for some unique tattoos of Africa and African mask, in which I found the one I just showed you and came across this awesome artist.  Her name is Amanda Wachob and she has a unique perspective on tattoos, in which they are literally a work of art in the sense of paintings. 

She has a leg tattoo that I fell in love with, and showed my friend who loves a unique piece and it screamed her to me.  Showed it to her and she immediately said send it to her, so she can have it for future tattoo reference.  She is so getting that piece I know it!

I’ve NEVER seen the art of tattooing come across in this way and it’s refreshing…  Below are a few of Amanda’s pieces…. 



Places to find Amanda Wachob:




No comments :

Post a Comment