The fact that I had to post my thoughts on Monday, I missed Simply Free's Monday Blog Hop which features a daily question. So today I'm posting said question for the Blog Hop, because it's a great question and some of you might have wondered about it in regards to my blog.
Actually the name of my blog just came to me, which is how I write and get titles. A gift from the most high, and the meaning behind “a creative girl, living in a country world” is quite simple. I am a very creative person and actually always has been. I’ve made tshirts with graphics, altered clothing into new pieces, experimented with my hair, clothes and nails, coordinated a theater group, etc…etc. I’m still writing poetry, freelance/contribute to publications, founded a literary society, own a handmade notecard biz, etc…etc… So being “a creative girl” fits who I am and always has been.
So, “living in a country world” is the surroundings in which I find myself at this point in my life’s journey. I’m a West Virginian born and bred, but that is only a part of who I am and yes my home state gets a bad rap, and to this day a lot of people actually say “Oh you are from West of Virginia”, like the state doesn’t exist and you never learned about it in school. Sometimes that is quite irritating. West Virginia is not all farms, woods and mountains. We do have civilized and artistic people that not only live here, but come from here and are famous. It’s not just Jennifer Garner ya know!?
I chose to use lowercase lettering within the title, because that to just came to mind instead and to me it makes the title stand out which is the trademark of my blog. I feel as though my blog will grow and become a great space for a multitude of people to visit and find something that they wouldn’t necessarily find anywhere else.
I sooooooo believe that I’ve upheld the meaning’s purpose behind the title of my blog. As it states, I AM “a creative girl, living in a country world”.
No comments :
Post a Comment