Monday, February 11, 2013

Weekend Roundup: Blizzard of 2013 - Hamden, CT


Well hello everyone!

I pray you all had a wonderful weekend and even though mine was to celebrate the life of my Uncle who has passed on, I had an eventful one myself to say the least.  J

The home going ceremony was in Hamden, Connecticut and if you have been under a rock this weekend then you know that that region got 40 inches of snow dumped on it this past Friday, which was the day of the funeral.  Yes, you read it correctly!  It went smoothly actually even right down to taking him to his resting place, but once it was all said and done.  Then the snow didn’t let up, and was coming down at a rate of 6 inches an hour.  We were at my Aunt’s and what we thought was wind blowing snow around was actually the snow coming down.  So once we all decided to leave, it was up to our knees.  Prayfully my parents were staying with my Aunt, and we made it to the hotel safely but it was CRAZY!  Below are some pics of our adventure.



I had planned on taking advantage of being up in CT to go shopping a bit, but the snowstorm had other plans for me.  So that didn’t happen, but I’m planning a trip once the weather is better to spend some quality time with my Aunt. 

So that is my weekend roundup post for today, Monday, February 11, 2013. 

PLEASE!  Post comments, because I love to communicate with my readers. 

No comments :

Post a Comment