Yes, I had sad news given to me this week (see Loss post) but was excited to see the new J.Crew stylebook on my coffee table this week.
I’ve loved J.Crew since the beginning, because they can come up with some stylish ways to wear apparel. This year in particular the trend seems to be pastels, and boy do they have a lot of them. Not only that, they pair some of the pieces any ways that you wouldn’t normally do. Some work and some don’t, but that’s just how I see them. Might be different for others, and that’s the way fashion is. You take what is presented and interpret in your way.
I personally haven’t really been a pastel person, but these put you in a dreamy and spring state of mind. Some of the looks are paired with a baseball cap, which gives it a preppy look. Others are paired with glasses, which take the clothing to another level. Who would have ever thought of pairing a skirt outfit, heels and a cap, not me but the look doesn’t lose anything because of that element. Nor does it look out of place, different but not out of place.
If this collection from J.Crew doesn’t make you think about taking chances in your own wardrobe, then I don’t know what does.
No comments :
Post a Comment