Hello All!
Should have posted that I would be away for two days, but I’m back now!
Had an eventful Wednesday and Thursday, because my stepdaughter graduated from Army Basic Training! Yes, I have a stepdaughter and she is wonderful (I have three stepkiddies actually. All much older than my daughter), and she is the middle child. It was held at Fort Jackson in South Carolina, and Wednesday was Family Day. They had an outstanding presentation on entering the field, which was smoke bombs being thrown (pic shown below) while they marched out of the woods through the smoke. It was so amazing, and once the presentation was over they had to stay in formation until family came out on the field and went to get them. Now, I felt for those Privates whose families couldn’t make it and had to see others enjoy the day with their family. Something that happens more than you care to think about, but we had a great day going around and seeing the things she had to endure to get to this joyous occasion.
Thursday was graduation day in which she officially graduates from Army Basic, and is then stationed where she will begin training for her job assignment. She will be stationed in Fort Lee located in Virginia, which is close to me so she will have the opportunity to go off base for weekends. YEAH, for her!
So below are various pics from my two days at Fort Jackson, and I’d like to say how wonderful and helpful those stationed there are! Hooha, Army Strong!
Congratulations! She will do great. You must be proud.
ReplyDeleteI wanted to stop by and let you know I started a new weekly blog hop and would love for you to link up! :)
http://thedwellingtree.blogspot.com/2013/02/lets-be-friends-blog-hop-1.html
Tiffany
Tiffany,
DeleteI took a look and I'm interested in becoming a Co-host.