Well for those that are still at home after the holiday, I wish I was there in that situation with you. For those who are back to the grind, WELCOME! :::smiling:::
My holiday was wonderful and filled with family and friends. Since my MIL has moved back to West Virginia, we had two houses to grub at and it WAS GOOOOOOOOOOOOD. My MIL had her dinner early in the afternoon, and I was to bring the salad to contribute. I brought my things to her house and just made it there to save time. I also was contributing mashed potatoes to my parent’s dinner, and made those after my hubby made his famous sausage dressing for the same house. All the while, my boys had come over and were playing with my daughter. Once we were done and ready to go, we brought them back to my parent’s house and of course my daughter didn’t want to leave. So she stayed there while we went to my MIL’s for dinner.
Now what can I say, but the thought of eating two meals and them being of Thanksgiving fare is a little overwhelming. Of course, you are excited because you are eating some great grub twice! :::smiling::: My MIL didn’t disappoint either, because it was all good and I tried to be generous with the portions but keep it under control. I mean, I was going to have to eat again, right? :::smiling::: We staying and chatted for a while afterwards, and then was on our way to my parent’s. Once we arrived they had already began, but was that spread the bomb as well. My mother had invited some family and friends to join us, so it was a festive atmosphere. LOVE IT! My mother makes me and my sister’s faves every year, which would be her famous cranberry salad with nuts and orange zest, and broccoli casserole. To me and my sister it’s not Thanksgiving without those childhood faves. :::smiling::: So we watched football and talked until the wee hours and had a blessed and safe time.
Below is a picture collage of my Thanksgiving day, so ENJOY and I’ll see you tomorrow for New Release Tuesday!
--
Be Blessed!
-Monique

No comments :
Post a Comment