Friday, November 30, 2012

Freedom Friday!

Numero Uno!

Fashion….Fashion….Fashion….Fashion! 

I can be a boho one day, then have a exec look the next.  All depends on what i'm feeling that day.  So here are some looks that I love and that SCREAM me!









All looks via Lookbook


Numero Dos!

I have been on the fence for over a year on whether to or not to commit to dreadlocks.  To try the theory out, I kept my hair in two-strand twists for some time to get the feel and see if I wanted to take the PLUNGE.  Well, I had did some research and saw that a few people had begun their journey while two-strand twisting their hair.  My main concern was skipping the “awkward phase” of it all, which is when you begin from short hair and there is a stage when your hair is not quite long enough to hang and you don’t know what to do with it. 

Well, I've begun my journey as of October 2012 which was when I had my two-strand twists redone.  I then had my first palm roll about a week ago, and my dreadlocs are beginning to form and I LOVE THEM! 

I will take some pics over the weekend and post them in my Monday Weekend Roundup! so that you can see!  In the meantime, here is a dreadlock photo collage to show you the various forms and textures. 






Numero Tres!


Joseph Kissi and Travis Gumbs (show above), the men behind the style blog “Street Etiquette” founded the site in 2008 and during the process have been featured in GQ, Complex, ranked Best Men’s Style Blog by the Guardian UK, as well as being named among 40 Bloggers Who Really Count by the London Times. 

Their editorial feature entitled, “The Black Ivy” was featured on my blog for a Freedom Friday on October 12th.  I follow these guys and I have now found out that they have taken “The Black Ivy” concept to clothing, and have been working with The Brooklyn Circus to bring the concept to life. 







If you would like to order any click here >>  

Numero Cuatro!


 Since we discussing The Brooklyn Circus let me continue, and state that the store was founded in 2006 by graphic designer Ouigi Theodore (shown above) with flagships in Chicago and San Francisco.  He had a dream and now it’s a brand!  Congrats to you Mr. Theodore on that! 



 I can’t wait to visit this store in Brooklyn, when I visit NYC again.  Just to go and pick up a couple of pieces for the hubs.  They have great finds and the store is just looks AWESOME! 

To shop online click here >>  

Numero Cinco!

Let’s close this out with a recipe today, since it’s cold outside and sometimes we just want something quick and hearty to eat.  So I picked one of my faves, chili!


Black Bean & Beef Chili with Cilantro, Lime and Avocado Salsa


Get the recipe by clicking here >>

 
--

Be Blessed!
-Monique

No comments :

Post a Comment