Hello everyone and I pray you had a wonderful weekend!
The weather was wonderful and inviting to all to get outside and that is what I did.
Was sent an email in regards to joining a site called, Storylane and I went to the site to check it out. It’s another form of a blog, but simplified in a way like snapshots of stories. No sidebars and the other content, just stories. Yes, I signed up just to see what it was all about and how many users they had. Not bad, Storylane! I’m a social media junkie sort-of-speak, so I’ll always check something out if it’s interesting enough. It remains to be seen if I stay or not, but for now I’ll hang around. To read a story on the site click here >>
Twitter: https://twitter.com/storylane
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/storylane/
Something that touched me over the weekend was the Oprah interview of Jason Russell, Co-Founder of Invisible Children, Inc. He directed the short documentary titled, “Kony 2012” that went viral in the beginning of March 2012. I’m sure you heard about it. I did and I hate to say, I didn’t watch it until recently. Bad, Monique! He is now back in the media due to his breakdown that came after the media attacks on him and his organization, as well as the new initiative “Move DC” which begins November 17, 2012.
Co-Founder & CCO of Invisible Children, Inc., Jason Russell
This is a subject that isn’t foreign to anyone, let us not forget the movie “Hotel Rwanda” which was about real life events in Rwanda during the spring of 1994 of the ravages of the Rwandan Genocide. The world sat back and allowed it to happen and did nothing. This is a time to take action and NOT let that happen again!
To get involved with the upcoming Move DC click here >>
Facebook: www.facebook.com/KONY20121
Twitter: https://twitter.com/STOPKony_2012
Twitter: https://twitter.com/KONY2012DC
Be Blessed!
-Monique



No comments :
Post a Comment