Well it is a new year and a Weekend Roundup for 2013!
I finally watched Django over the weekend and my reaction, “A great film surrounded by a piece of American history that should never be forgotten”. Now this film is not based on the slave trade in any way, and I’ve heard a lot of negativity surrounding it. Yes, I’m an African-American and no this film didn’t offend me in any way. It didn’t make “light” of the events that where brought upon my ancestors. Yes, I was aware of the moments in the movie that were obviously attended to me humorous, but offend me it did not. Jamie Foxx once again, out did himself when it came to portraying Django, as did Leonardo DiCaprio playing Calvin J. Candie.
I also read an article in regards to Path, a photo sharing social network of sorts that was launched in 2010. I have vaguely heard of it, but it was promptly featured in an Instyle magazine article that I was reading. Of course, I began to think would this be another fun and networking network to be a part of? I like to be different somewhat and for sure don’t want to follow the path of Instagram.
I have been into this show called, “Later…with Jools Holland” which I had seen on my cable guide but never checked it out. Not only have I rocked out to some old fave bands like Metallica and Soundgarden, but have got turned on to some new artists. Bat for Lashes is one of those, and it’s great to see the reaction of the other artists to a particular artist’s music. This is how the show is setup, which each artist has their own space but they are placed in a circle in order to see each other perform. Brilliant! I’m sure a lot of collabo’s come out of that environment on occasion.
Well I look forward to rolling out new and exciting post series for you, and I look forward to reading your comments and interacting with you!




Oh Sound Garden... love. =)
ReplyDeleteAnd I've wanted to see Django, but wasn't sure-- might just have to go for it. Thanks for the insight.
Hi There,
Stopping by from the GFC link up to share some aloha and to follow your story here. If you're up for a bit of a ride I'd love, love it if you'd join me at Local Sugar Hawaii . We're riding the wave of life together-- it's a sweet thing. 'hope to see ya soon.
xo,
Nicole
localsugarhawaii.com
Hello ms. Nicole!
DeleteThey put on a great performance on the show! Chris Connell is still good looking, but looks better when he had the short hair.
Yes, Django is a must see for sure!
I joined you as well through GFC! LOVE IT....
Looking forward to communicating with you, Nicole!