Monday, September 24, 2012

September Sponsors!

Below are a few of my September Sponsors and I hope to bring you Part Two of this post, which will feature the remainder. 

Please support these lovely ladies by visiting their sites or purchasing their wares!  Either way, you are contributing to their success!



I am Rachel, 20-something fur-momma to a cat and a bunny living outside of Boston going to school for graphic design. I paint my nails too often, watch too many movies, eat too many cupcakes, and shop too much. I am compulsive list maker who talks too much, and that is how lala Lists was born. Be sure to stop by and say hi!

Top 5 on your playlist:
Right now - P!nk's (entire) new album is my go-to playlist so all of those. But I am also digging City in Color, Hunter Hayes, Jana Kramer, and Wakey!Wakey!

What are you reading?
I am wrapping up the Troubleshooter Series by Suzanne Brockmann. Only like 6 left of the 18 that there are!

What one passion do you have outside of the creative world?
I don't do much that isn't creative... I am a graphic design major, all of my on campus jobs are related to the design field, I am creative in my blog work... and when all of that is said and done, I paint my nails, read books, and hang with my friends - all which can be creative endeavors!




  

Scarves and Styles was created just over a year ago as an attempt to find my personal style. I wanted to figure out if I could live out my passion for fashion and style while living the normal life of a young woman with a job, responsibilities and budgets. It has been an exciting adventure so far, in which I learned so much and I intend on continuing this pursuit.

Top 5 on your playlist:
Music is a big part of my life so it is difficult to even narrow it down to five! Nevertheless, Coldplay would have to be on the top of that list that is for certain. “Supernova” - Yves Marchand
“My Number” - Tegan and Sara
“Nocturne in C Minor” – Chopin
“Sweet Disposition” - The Temper Trap

What are you reading?
I just finished (literally) reading Half-Blood Blues. It was very interesting to see the WWII in a different perspective that of American-German jazz musicians in Paris. Next will be I Am Number Four (that I will read for work).

What one passion do you have outside of the creative world?
Languages. I am and have always been fascinated by languages. I speak many and know some, but I am always curious to know more. It is also what I do for a job: teach languages. The best way to commit to your passion is to find work with it.






On this blog I love to mix my work with things I like and daily life.  I love analog photos, food, drawing, animation and animals. All animals except sloths (those scare me).

I like to draw clouds, dogs and interesting people. I have an etsy shop (link below) where I sell some of my custom designs.
I live in Mallorca (Spain) with my family, my dear boyfriend is a passionate and minimalistic traveler. I have a dog called Mika and a fish called spider.

I dream of traveling arround the world with my camera and seeing wild animals like whales, pandas, wolves and elephants.
I would like to travel to Argentina, USA, China and Japan.
I studied audio and video at the university and now I'm searching for a job.
Top 5 on your playlist:
5- Carmensita - Devendra Banhart
4- Chandeliers - Summer Fiction
3- When it was wrong - The california honeydrops
2- Don't look back in anger – Oasis
1. For no one - The Beatles

What are you reading?
A collection of short stories of Haruki Murakami.

What one passion do you have outside of the creative world?
I like to hike and go camping with friends!



Be Blessed!
-Monique

 


No comments :

Post a Comment