Friday, August 10, 2012

The Liebster Award


Ms. Christianna from Dream On, Lovely nominated me and my blog for the Liebster Award, and I want to THANK her for that! 

What is THE LIEBSTER AWARD?
The Liebster award is given to up & coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.

To accept this fun award you must follow the rules below:
  1. Each person must list 11 things about themselves.
  2. Answer the 11 questions that the tagger has set for you plus you MUST create 11 questions of  your own for the 11 people you will nominate with this award, which brings me to rule 3.
  3. Choose up to 11 bloggers linking them to your post.
  4. Go to their page and inform them of the nomination.
  5. Absolutely NO tag backs.
  6. Remember to ONLY tag bloggers with less than 200 followers

11 Random Facts About Me:

  1. I’m only 5’4.
  2. My first dog was a Cocker Spaniel.
  3. I’m a music FANATIC!  You name it I have it.  Yes, even country.
  4. My eyes are a beautiful hazel, and when they get a lot of sun they change colors.
  5. Birthed in West Virginia, but a city girl at heart!
  6. My husband and I dated in high school.
  7. I LOVE handbags, eyeglasses, sterling silver and watches.
  8. My mother is my IDOL!
  9. I’m a NCAA basketball FAN and Duke and UNC are my teams, in that order J
  10.   I would LOVE to own an antique car one day.
  11.   Never miss watching the Olympics!

Christianna's Questions for me:

1. What is your favorite song and/or band at the moment? 
Due to my LOVE for Bob Marley and the excitement behind the doc that was just released on him, I’ve been listening to his discography these past days. 

2. What is your favorite color? 
Long time ago, I would have said Black J

3. Coffee or tea? 
Tea

4. Ever been told you look like someone famous, if so who?
No! L

5. If you could shadow anyone for a single day, who would it be & why?

6. Chocolate or vanilla?
Vanilla, hands down!

7. What is your favorite quote?
Don’t really have one actually, but on my wall I have this – “Blessed be the LORD my strength, which treadeth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight” –Psalms 144:1

8. What is your dream job? 
What I was doing prior to the position I have now, which was being a Media, Marketing & Administrative Assistant for a non-profit.  LOVED IT!

9. Favorite place you've ever traveled (or hope to travel) to?
Myrtle Beach (traveled), Anywhere tropical in nature (hope to travel)

10. Favorite movie and/or book?
The Best Man/Love Jones (movie), The Autobiography(s) of Asaata Shakur & Angela Davis (book)

If you could go back and witness any event in history, what would you pick and why?
Woodstock, without hesitation!  I’ve always been fascinated with that time period and the music that was birthed from it.  Since I was twelve and saw the Woodstock doc, I never missed it when it aired and now I own it. 


Blogs I nominate & my questions for them:

Gabi: Kneadle & Bread
Lixin: Bone, Lace
Earl Leigh: Earl Leigh Design

Questions:

  1. Favorite Reality Show (if more than one, the max is 5)?
  2. NYC or LA, and why?
  3. Marc Jacobs or Tom Ford, and why?
  4. Favorite Model, and why?
  5. Favorite photographer, and why?
  6. Prose or Haiku?
  7. Team Rachel (Zoe), Team Taylor (Jacobson) or Team Brad (Groeski)?
  8.  Movie Genre preferred (Horror, Drama, Comedy, etc.)?
  9. Deepak Chopra or the Dalai Lama?
  10.  Favorite News Anchor, and why?
  11.  If stranded on an island, what 3 items would you want with you?

OH!  Be sure to show some LOVE to the lovely bloggers I’ve nominated!   


~ Monique
Follow Me!
Twitter
Facebook
Bloglovin
Pinterest
GFC

No comments :

Post a Comment