Today is the three year anniversary of the death of Michael Jackson, and it truly doesn’t feel that it should be that long ago. Before he was the King of Pop to millions, he was just cute Michael Jackson to me. I have a memory of being on the porch and I had a radio plugged up in the front bedroom that we took through the window so we could listen to music outside. The song “ABC” which was when I was introduced to him and his brother’s, came on and we sang to it. This song was released before I was born, but they were still playing it on the radio. Of course, other songs and performances on TV came after that and you couldn’t get past the fact that he was just adorable.
The movie Ben was one of my favorites although it was horror, but the song that Michael sang for the film was just pure emotion. You could not only hear it, but feel it. That is what Michael had the power to do with music, which was allowing you to feel his emotion through the song.
First album of the Jackson ’s bought by me was my personal favorite “Triumph”, in which I also have the CD and play in my car from time to time. At this point, I was bitten by the Michael Jackson bug. It was then “Off The Wall” that my Mom purchased and played to death in the house.
His dancing was unbelievable and incredible, as were his performances. I bought every album/CD that came out with no hesitation. Although his last official release, “Invincible” didn’t sell well it was still Michael Jackson. I mean come on; it had some great tunes on it. My personal faves were, “Break of Dawn” and “Heaven Can Wait”.
I remember everything about the day I found out about his death, right down to the minute. That day will never be forgotten, because we lost a musical genius that day, a man who despite his personal struggles was a musical ICON. When I hear his song, “Have You Seen My Childhood” I cry, because nobody will ever know the personal hurt that he endured throughout his life journey. Yes, it did shape who he became and you can’t fault him for that. He did the best he could, and I pray he is finally at peace.
Follow Me!
Bloglovin
GFC



No comments :
Post a Comment