Friday, April 22, 2016

...i'm dancing in the Purple Rain





I awoke this morning and asked my husband, "Is he still dead?"  He of course said, "Yes".  I then went about trying to locate anything purple to wear to honor a musical legend, and wouldn't you know I don't have anything.  Wow!  So I got dressed and have gone about my day, still shocked and in disbelief that Prince Rogers Nelson has truly transcended on.

The conversation have just begun in regards to what Prince not only meant to people, but his tremendous contribution to the music landscape PERIOD.  All social media was ablaze last night in regards to Prince, and here I find myself writing about him the day after his death.

I made a statement last night that is so true for me at this point in my life journey, which is the fact that my generation is at the point where iconic figures transcend and leave us speechless forever.  That is exactly where I find myself today...speechless and musically in shock

Rest in peace Prince Rogers Nelson.  I pray that you weren't in any pain when it came, although you were alone, I'm sure there were many angels with you at that moment.  You were truly, the Beautiful One!


No comments :

Post a Comment