Monday, February 13, 2017

Grammy Schammy, Come On People!





Grammy’s were last night, and I have been disappointed in them altogether, therefore I don’t take the time out to watch.  I can remember when this time of the year came along, and I couldn’t wait to see what certain artists were going to do.  Or when I was a kid and my parents would allow us to stay up for at least the opening act, because it was always someone my sister and I wanted to see.  Those days have since gone by, but they are trying real hard to get them back.  

Now one thing I can say, is that the caliber of artistry “can” be at an all-time high when it comes to some acts that at best are mediocre.  How do they attempt that, well by these “mash-ups” that they’ve begun doing, which I wish they would move on to something else because they are becoming mundane in my vision.  Creativity people, have we lost that somehow, so can we please get it back?

I woke up to the news that “once again” Beyonce had been overlooked, in which was not surprising (…I did pray they wouldn’t do it to her “again”).  I know some people feel as though all praise to Beyonce is crazy!  Yes, you are correct when it comes to that, but it’s really not that DEEP.  One thing you can’t deny her, is her talent on all levels!  The “Lemonade” album was monumental and came at a time when it was needed, just like Kendrick Lamar’s “To Pimp A Butterfly”.  THAT you can’t deny and the level in which it was brought to you…COME ON!  Beyonce hits you in the head, and then Solange hits you in the gut!  

I have to say that this whole thing with how Adele accepted her award, that she felt that Beyonce deserved was awesome.  Now for people to hit her with, “Why did she mention her black friends….”, REALLY we going there on Adele?  Everyone has an opinion, and could she have said it another way, of course…we all could say a lot of things a “different way”.  So think of it like that! 
Awards ceremony of any kind mean; dressed up, long hours, a lot of people and figure in it’s being televised, at you have a timer to look at and have to hurry up to say what it IS you “want” to say.  Do you see it!!!!! 

No comments :

Post a Comment