Talk about being transported to places in your consciousness
and envision the imagery. The vocals
melt like silk in your ear and at her time the uniqueness was apparent. The name, Billie Holliday.
I fell in love with Ms. Holliday young in my musical life
for I thank my parents and their love for music as well, and the album
collection that they amassed as a couple.
Her release, “Lady in Satin” was on repeat on my turntable. I was raised on music and not just one genre,
which I proudly have passed on to my daughter.
At one time, I couldn’t get enough of her! I watched and read anything where she was the
subject, and yes I watched “Lady Sings The Blues” starring Diana Ross more
times than I can count.
Her life was cut way to short but her voice has lived on and
I’m glad for that!

No comments :
Post a Comment