Today is International Yoga Day and I for one am elated to practice this with fellow yogi's at a gathering this evening. There are opinions abound in regards to Yoga and how it's viewed, and I for one believe that it's a carefully, crafted DISTRACTION.... Why? ...there is so much other things going on in this world.
I awoke to an actually debate on a popular social media site in
regards to Yoga and it being a Pagan practice/based on self realization,
as well as all the religious connotations that go along with that
thought. ...we are all entitled to our opinions, but REALLY. I don't EVER respond to things of that nature on any social media, but for some reason I had to express what Yoga means to ME. Of course, I included hashtags...lol
We must begin to take notice of our own humanity. Do you realize that there are starving people in Venezuela right now, that are looting places just so that they and their family can eat. But we are focusing on other DISTRACTIONS. Along with the Presidential Race, which could change things in this country entirely. We even have the distraction in regards to Lebron James and his championship win...LIKE, REALLY PEOPLE!
YOGA. This is a practice that I do for ME...for exercise, strength, balance
+ agility. ...I also have grown closer to ME, my spirituality + being
in tune to the energy that surrounds us each and every day of this life
journey. ...I'm more open to GOD, centered and STILL.
...YOU ARE BEING DISTRACTED, JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE IN THIS WORLD
I am not a Pagan
I am of the creator
I am a child of GOD
I love my GOD
Yoga is the least of the problem
Separatism isn't cool
MY OPINION AND I'M STICKING TO IT!


No comments :
Post a Comment