Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Antiquing Weekend!

I so apologize to my readers for ditching for a while, but I’ve been real busy in my life and am gearing up for a wonderful and blessed Spring Break with my hubby and lil’ angel.

Well recently my mother wanted to visit a little antique store that we both happen to love, and I happen to know the owner.  If any of you live in the West Virginia area, then that place would be Stray Dog Antiques owned by Dr. Gina Puzzuoli.  This place ROCKS!  Three floors of just ultimate goodness and things so unique in nature, that you can’t help but buy something.  Dr. P, as I call her, is one wonderful lady let me tell you. 

Stray Dog Antiques
Hale Street, Charleston West Virginia

As me and Dr. P talked a very unique young lady came into the store and caught my eye.  She happened to be someone that frequented the store per Dr. P and for a Saturday was dressed from head to toe in yellow.  Now she was sharp and stylish, and after I walked around for a while and contemplated asking her could I take a picture of her (see below), I just went for it.  I want to show that West Virginians can be stylish to.  Well I think I just came up with a blog feature, didn’t I? 

Shelly

Check out Stray Dog Antiques at these web locations:


Then we stopped at Collage Boutique, where my new found friend Jamie Miller owns and operates, and you can purchase my products at.  This small treasure in the heart of the city, is full of quirky and cool, vintage items of all kinds with an array of mixed media from local and national artisans.  I stop in to not only check to see how my items are selling, but to also chat a while with Jamie. 

Collage Boutique
Quarrier Street, Charleston WV

Check out Collage Boutque at these web locations:

We then headed to the Charleston Library right around the corner from Collage and found some good reads, and ended our day at Target. 

I tell ya one thing, I have some GREAT times running around with my Mom, because we seem to always find some great unique places to go locally. 

Be on the look out for more features of local haunts I frequent or new ones that I discover!


~ Monique

7 comments :

  1. Hi Monique, nice post...looks like my kinda fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would have LOVED IT! She has three floors of goodness in that building.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love antiquing! Can you believe here in TX we actually have an Antique Mall?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a lot of those in surrounding areas, and one that is HUGE! Love them... Sometimes they can be high in price, but you can sometimes haggle on price.

      Love your website, Ms. Amelie as well. Hope you become a reader, because I'll be reading you for sure :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Leila. She even had the same shade of heels on. Just stylish!

      Love your blog as well!

      Delete
  5. Thanks Allison and I hope you become a reader!

    ReplyDelete